We are looking for a Hotel Manager!
Cityden Group is a different player in the game and a real niche product in the hotel market! We are a apart hotel group with 3 different hotels (of which one is Cityden The Garden) and a vast amount of apartments with a short stay license in the inner city of Amsterdam. We are always busy and always looking for growth.
Cityden The Garden has 89 studio’s and 1 & 2 bedroom apartments each with their own fully equipped kitchen. The hotel has an a-la-carte restaurant, meeting rooms a bar and a fitness area with sauna. It is located in Amstelveen near het Stadshart, attracting a great mix of leisure and business guests!
The position – Hotel Manger
You will be working in a young, spontaneous en fun team. We work hard together and that is why Cityden was able to grow fast in just a short time.
As the Hotel Manager you will be responsible for the daily operations of the hotel as well as managing the entire hotel team including F&B, Reception and in-house Housekeeping. You will report directly to the Cluster General Manager, but will also give your advice to the Management Team of Cityden Group. Your focus will be on guest retention, achieving budget goals, F&B and staff.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Making sure the daily operations of the hotel is running smoothly in all departments
- Managing all teams and delegate tasks to the team supervisors
- Managing our restaurant and the other F&B outlets
- Recruitment of new staff
- Training of all staff
- Meet & greet our hotel guests
- Managing budgets and optimize cost control
- Financial administration of the hotel in collaboration with our Finance department
- Purchasing for all departments
- Quality control of the hotel in terms of facilities and guest rooms (together with the Head of Maintenance)
- Managing Meeting & Events on a daily basis with our Sales Manager
- Working hands-on alongside the staff at either Reception, Housekeeping or F&B
Who are you?
We are looking for that young person who is ready for the next step in their career. The word stress does not exist in your dictionary and you juggle all the balls at the same time. It is a challenging job in a challenging time, but you are up for this! You do not mind working hands-on and being involved in the daily operations, but are also making sure that the needs of the Management Team are met on a management level. You see obstacles as opportunities and not the other way around.
Besides the above we are also looking for some other qualities:
- Preferably a degree in (Hospitality) Management and a HBO level of thinking
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Duty or F&B Manager (an apart hotel has our preference but is not a must)
- Strong knowledge and experience in F&B is preferred
- Living in the greater area of Amsterdam or willing to move
- A real team player
- Willing to work operational shifts
- You live an breath the motto presentation exceeds performance
- You speak English fluently. Any other language, such as Dutch, is a big plus
- You are enthusiastic and an awesome communicator
- You are a great planner and organizer
- You are flexible in your working days (your working days are between Monday – Sunday) and are also available during holidays
- You have a sense of humor
- Fulltime available
What is in it for you?
Of course we also offer your sparkling personality a lot! Give a little, take a little. We are a fast, growing, young and hip company (not the ‘standard’ hotel) where you have the opportunity to develop your skills.
Furthermore we offer you:
- A good salary in accordance with the collective hospitality agreement with an appropriate bonus program and horeca pension fund
- 25 vacation days, based on a fulltime contract
- Laptop and business phone
- 25% discount in our restaurants in each of the hotels
- Employee and friends & family rates
- Free use of the fitness and sauna
- Travel allowance as of 10 km one way
- Yearly trip abroad with the whole team
- The opportunity to grow with our organization (Talent Program)
- Lots of freedom and responsibility to fill in the position as you wish, but with good guidance and training
Are you ready for it?
That is great to hear! Please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com to the attention of Maryanne Wolbertus. If we think you will be a great fit, we will invite you for a first interview as soon as possible.